Hello from efelle's Support Team!
This article covers how to add third-party scripts to your website in the Fusion v5 application, such as tracking codes, chatbots, or other third-party code. If this process does not work for you, or if you run into any problems adding third-party scripts, please let us know by submitting a support ticket and we would be happy to help!
Many tracking and analytics websites, such as Google, Facebook and Bing, require a snippet of code or a "tracking pixel" to be added to all pages of a website, usually at the start of the <body> or end of the <head> tags. For the most part, these snippets or pixels can be added to your site from the Fusion platform, without involvement from an efelle developer. To start, follow these instructions:
1. Log into Fusion by visiting your control panel URL, which is your website's domain followed by "/cp". For example, our website's control panel URL would be https://www.seattlewebdesign.com/cp
2. In the left sidebar, you can select the Content option. This will open a dropdown menu where you can select the 'Script Manager' option. If you do not see a 'Script Manager' option, your scripts are most likely in a 'Globals' or 'Global Items' option. If you do not see your Script Manager and are unable to locate your scripts in 'Globals' or 'Global Items', please submit a support ticket and we would be happy to assist you in locating or adding one.
3. From here, you can select the 'Create Script' button at the top right to add a new script, or select the pencil icon to the right of an existing script to edit it.
4. On the Create or Edit Script page, you can give your new script a Name. The Handle value will automatically generate once you have entered the name you would like to use. You can also give your script a description to indicate its purpose for future reference. These fields are for internal reference only and will not affect the code you are adding or how it appears on your website.
5. Once you have named your script, you can use the Pages and Location dropdowns to determine where your script will appear on your website.
The Pages dropdown gives you a list of the pages where you can add the script, including an 'All Pages' option to add it to every page on your website. The Location dropdown determines where on the page the script is added. It is suggested to assign all scripts to the Body Bottom location unless it is explicitly necessary to include your script elsewhere.
7. Select Create Script (or Update Script) in the Actions menu at the top right to save your changes. Once saved, the script will appear on your website on the selected page(s) in the selected location. Scripts will appear on FusionCMS pages only. If your site is linked with a BigCommerce store please defer to the BigCommerce Script Manager to add scripts to your store pages.